The holiday shopping season is fast approaching and this means Pop Goes the City™ gets busy giving readers the lowdown on the best gifts to give.
This is a huge task and I think I need a little help this year!
I am looking for someone who can help with research, content development & a few other things for the site. This person should be very familiar with Dallas & Collin Counties, have an eye for great style and gift giving taste, have knowledge of unique businesses in the metroplex and nationwide, & be internet/communication savvy. This internship does require you live in the DFW Metroplex (Dallas or Collin County preferred) and be willing to dedicate 10-15 hours a week to this unpaid position.
• help brainstorm, research, & develop content for two holiday features & 2014 beauty picks feature
• coordinate interviews (as needed)
• communicate with PR representatives & brands
• editor of The Hot List
• event coverage (as needed)
• Must be very familiar with the DFW metroplex.
• Must love the overall North Texas lifestyle (fashion, shopping, charity, beauty, dining, entertainment).
• Must possess excellent communication & strong writing skills. Plagiarism is NOT accepted here!
• Must be familiar with social media sites (Twitter & Facebook).
• Candidates with a working knowledge of WordPress is desired, but not required.
• Candidates with a marketing/pr background desired, but not required.
• Candidates with photography skills desired, but not required.
If you’d like to be an intern at Pop Goes the City™, please send an email with your resume & three writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Pop Goes the City Intern”. In addition, please include a personal statement about your style, skills, and what you feel you can bring to the Pop Goes the City™ holiday features & 2014 beauty picks feature.
Please submit resumes and writing samples by Sunday, September 29th, 2pm CST for consideration. First round interviews will begin Monday, September 30th via phone.
The position begins October 7th and ends December 20th. There are up to 3 positions available and duties will be assigned based on strengths.
Thank you in advance for submitting your resumes & writing samples!
I can’t say this enough…you MUST really know Dallas & Collin Counties to be considered.