Don’t miss the chance to sample from some of DFW’s most talented chefs.
Bits & Bites 2018, the annual chef-curated food and wine paring experience presented by El Centro’s Food and Hospitality Institute, will feature more than 30 top chefs and will be hosted at the Dallas Arboretum’s beautiful new food and sustainability-focused event space, A Tasteful Place, on April 15 from 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
The list of presenting chefs include:
• CBD Provisions, Chef Nick Walker
• 3015 at Trinity Groves, Chef Sharon Van Meter
• The Mozzarella Company, Paula Lambert
• Empire Bakery, Chef Meaders Ozarow
• Parigi, Chef Janice Provost
• Grand Hyatt DFW, Chef Jean-Claude Plihon
• Fairmont Hotel / The Pyramid Room, Chef Jared Harms
• The Porch, Chef Adam West
• La Duni, Chef Dunia Borgia
• Café 43, Chef John Maas
• 20 Feet Seafood Joint, Chef Marc Cassel
• Whiskey Cake, Chef Hugh Stewart
• Vestals Catering, Chef Jordan Swim
Tickets are on sale now for $65 and can be purchased in advance online.
Proceeds from the event contribute to a fund established to enhance and expand El Centro College’s Food and Hospitality Institute, a culinary program that trains and educates Dallas-Fort Worth’s food and hospitality workforce.
More than 150 accomplished chefs in the metroplex received their formal training at the Food and Hospitality Institute at El Centro College, including Richard Chamberlain of Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House and Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill, Nathan Tate of Boulevardier and Rapscallion, Dunia Borga of LaDuni Restaurants, Marc Cassel of 20 Feet Seafood Joint, and Shari Carlson of Dessert Dreams.
This year’s honoree, Jessie Yearwood, is a founding member of the Bits and Bites committee, and has taught at El Centro since 1994. Prior to making the move to El Centro, she served in the DISD Child Nutrition Program as a food service specialist, with responsibilities for up to 45 cafeteria operations, and as a culinary instructor at Skyline High School.
Visit www.elcentrocollege.edu/bitsandbites for complete details regarding Bits & Bites 2018.
Images provided by El Centro College. Credits unknown.