Clarisonic recently launched a new targeted skincare regimen, Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution.
The regimen is created for AM/PM use and aims to address major skincare concerns such as dullness, uneven skin tone, discoloration caused by acne, and hyperpigmentation.
The Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution regimen comes with the following:
ARIA cleaning device with the Radiance brush head – designed to remove surface-level oil and pigmentation
Skin Illuminating Cleanser for AM – to eliminate dullness and brighten the skin with Licorice Root Extract to inhibit the production of melanin, Peppermint Leaf Extract to soothe and calm skin and Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract to increase circulation for more radiance
Skin Renewing Peel Wash for PM – to exfoliate and accelerate cell turnover, thus working on removing the build up of skin cells causing dark spots, with 0.2% LHA, a proprietary acid that gently activates skin renewal and 3.5% Glycolic Acid to improve texture, boost moisture and fade dark spots
Brightening Activator Serum for AM/PM – to help the skin tone look more radiant and even with 0.5% Ellagic Acid to slow melanin production and 0.5% Phenylethyl Resorcinol, a synthetic antioxidant that reduces the production of melanin and lightens dark spots
As a darker skin consumer, I am very careful with what I use when it comes to brightening products. Hyperpigmentation (dark spots) and hypopigmentation (light spots) are not desired by anyone. My skin already has some naturally lighter areas (right on my cheek bones under the eye area) and I was hoping these products wouldn’t hurt the current state of my skin – healthy, acne free and hydrated.
I began using the Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution regimen four weeks ago. Here are my thoughts…
What I loved:
1) The scent. Fresh, pleasant odor – not a chemical smell.
2) Cleansers foam. Maybe it is a psychological thing, but; I think foaming cleansers work better for my oily skin.
3) Easy of use. The regimen has two separate cleansers, each with a targeted purpose. The serum absorbs into the skin nicely and my skin felt and looked great after use.
4) Amount of product. I have used the recommended nickel-sized amount of each cleanser, one pump of serum twice a day and after four weeks, the containers still feel pretty full.
5) Speed adjustment from AM to PM. For the AM cleanse, the lowest speed setting is used and for the PM cleanse the highest speed setting is used. This is in direct connection to what each cleanser is targeted to do and is genius!
6) Visible results after first week of use. I typically exfoliate my skin two times a week. My skin will look great for about 3 days after exfoliation, then it starts looking dull. After using the Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution regimen for one week, without additional exfoliation, I noticed that the texture of my skin improved, no dullness – I had a great glow. Over the next three weeks, my skin tone began to look more and more even.
What I hated:
1) The Radiance brush head sheds…a lot! I have been a Clarisonic user and lover for years. I typically use the deep pore cleansing brush head and have not experienced shedding. I imagine some shedding is normal, but; the shedding of the Radiance brush head was bad in my opinion.
2) The packaging of the cleansers. I am not a fan of the packaging of the cleansers because of the recessed opening in the cap to dispense product. Product pools in the recessed area and in the cap. It gets messy and gummy and you lose product. I think the cleaners should be packaged in a pump style dispenser to maximize use of product and cleanliness.
Overall, I really like the Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution regimen. Over the time of using the products, I did not have the normal hormonal breakout, thus no dark spots and my skin looks radiant. Obviously these results and my opinion on the Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution regimen are based on my experience and are not typical.
Ready to try it? Find the the Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution regimen at Clarisonic.com. The system retails for $249 and each product can also be purchased separately to replenish.
This post is powered by Clarisonic, however; all opinions within are my own.
Very sleek…beautiful 🙂
Thank you! It really is a great system.