Pop Goes The City is growing & I am in need of some assistance…ahhh, an intern! I am looking for someone who can help with research, content development & a few other things for the site. This person should be familiar with Dallas & Collin Counties, have an eye for great style, have knowledge of unique businesses in the metroplex, & be internet/communication savvy. This internship does require you live in the DFW Metroplex (Dallas or Collin County preferred) and be willing to dedicate 10-15 hours a week to the position.
• brainstorm, research, and develop content for posts
• coordinate interviews
• communicate with PR representatives and brands
• editor of The Hot List and The Social Calendar
• event coverage
• other projects and duties as needed
• Must be familiar with the DFW metroplex.
• Must love the overall North Texas lifestyle (fashion, shopping, charity, beauty, dining, entertainment).
• Must possess excellent communication & strong writing skills.
• Must be familiar with social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram).
• Candidates with a working knowledge WordPress is desired, but not required.
• Candidates with a marketing/pr background desired, but not required.
• Candidates with photography skills, working knowledge of Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator desired, but not required.
If you’d like to be an intern at Pop Goes The City, please send an email with your resume & three writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Pop Goes The City Intern”. In addition, please include a personal statement about your style, skills, and what you feel you can bring to Pop Goes The City.
Please submit resumes and writing samples by Tuesday, June 19th, 2pm CST for consideration.
Thank you in advance for submitting your resumes & writing samples!